Kaua`i Albatross Network (KAN) serves as a resource to promote safe nesting habitat for Laysan albatross and other native birds by respectful cooperation with private landowners, government agencies, scientists, businesses, schools, and conservation organizations.
- promote safe nesting habitat on Kaua`i
- collect banding data and overall nesting success on private rural lands on Kaua`i
- collaborate with Cornell Lab of Ornithology to support live-streaming NestCam for international viewers
- participate in predator control efforts
- document albatross behaviors in Kaua`i colonies
- publish photos and stories about Laysan albatross
- maintain active links with key individuals in organizations such as American Bird Conservancy, Cornell Lab of Ornithology, Hawai`i Wildlife Center, The Nature Conservancy, The Safina Center, Hawaiian Islands Land Trust, Save our Shearwaters, State of Hawai`i Department of Land and Natural Resources, United States Fish and Wildlife Service, and others.